Going to the masses to ask this question. What's the best (ie: malware and virus free) file recovery software?

Going to the masses to ask this question. What's the best (ie: malware and virus free) file recovery software?

I could have sworn I copied a folder from my SD card to laptop and then deleted the folder on the SD card, but when I went to add more files to the folder on my laptop the folder was empty. No bueno! And they were some good (okay, decent) pictures! I'd like to have them back.

Gracias.

Comments

IIRC it's testdisk or photorec. Command line utils but work like a charm.
Jason ON said…
Command line?  Eeegads!

Oh, I should have clarified: Windows.
AFAIK it will work with windows..but it's command line driven

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
Don't you wish we could go back to DOS!!!!
David Gross said…
how about dropbox or Google Drive? they both save deleted files to a trash folder.
Jason ON said…
Uh, the files are already deleted from the SD card, David Gross.

I actually downloaded and used Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download). Sadly it said the files dated 06-21-2015 were not recoverable because they had been overwritten on 04-7-2015. Yeah, you read that right. 

Explain that one to me.
July 4th date written in ddmmyyyy format?
John Mitchell said…
I've used Recuva, it worked okay.
Jason ON said…
Not unless it's the only date written in that format, Kenneth Thompson.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.