Why didn't anyone tell me it was a new quarter? Geesh! It's like I'm expected to know everything. ;)


Why didn't anyone tell me it was a new quarter? Geesh! It's like I'm expected to know everything. ;)

Well, new quarter new Community Profile challenge. Since we're on March 2nd already I was tempted to let this run until the 17th, but the 15th is on a Sunday and that just sort of fits nicely. So, this runs through March 15, 2015. 

For those of you who are confused, look to your left. Go ahead, just move your eyeballs;  no need to hurt your neck. See where it says "Motorcycle Riders: There's a Road Less Traveled - Ride It"? Right under there is the Profile picture for the community. Let's put a new image there. Cool, right?

Don't forget to make sure your photo submission is a good fit for the profile image. In other words, it should be scalable, and preferably viewed in portrait (tall rectangle, not wide rectangle). It's always a shame when we get a nice image but once cropped to fit, all the good stuff is gone. Just be aware of this when you're submitting.

The rules are the same as last time and the time before that and the time before that. In fact, the rules have been the same since computers were fancy mythology people used to tell their children so they wouldn't study liberal arts in college:

1] You MUST own the rights to the picture or have the permission of the rights holder to use it. Image must also be of something motorcycle related. 

2] If you used the image to enter last time, you can't use it to enter this time. That doesn't mean you can't use an image you shared before, only that you can't use an image you entered in one of the Profile contests in the past.

3] Tag your contest entries with #MRPROFILE0315 .  If you can't tell by the tag, this contest ends on March 15, 2015. On that day we'll tally the votes and change the image accordingly.

4] No nudity, hate speech, blah, blah, blah. Seriously, if it's offensive, it's gone. It's that simple. That means no religious images or political speech. This is a motorcycle community, not a soapbox.

5] Pro shots/marketing materials are allowed by those of you representing a company, product or service, but it shouldn't be the focus of the image.

6] Ties will be decided by the moderation staff and if we can't decide, well, I'll use a picture of my feet. Yes, I have pictures of my feet.

7] Something else I'm sure I'm forgetting.

And Go!

Don't forget to vote, too.

Comments

Umbra Opus said…
Nice...hope to be in the next one.
Jason ON said…
I suppose I should go count votes...

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.