Dave's Killer Bread

If you haven't tried Dave's Killer Bread, you should. It's the best bread I've ever tasted. And the story behind the bread company is inspiring. So, I went to their website and gave them some feedback. Okay, not feedback, per se, but just a complimentary comment:

Believe it or not, I didn't buy bread a lot. Having grown up on store brands and Wonder Bread knock-offs (we didn't buy name brands) and having been fed the cheapest bread the government could find while I was in the military, I was sort of dejected on bread.
Fast forward a few years and I wasn't buying bread at all. Instead of making sandwiches, I was making wraps. Instead of toast, I was making anything but toast. I moved in with a woman and she liked to buy bread so we were buying bakery breads at the local supermarket. Sourdough, rye, wheat - you name it. 
And then one day I saw something called "Dave's Killer Bread" on the discount rack. Usually this rack is reserved for bakery items getting a little too close to their sell by date and accordingly is filled with cookies, pies, doughnuts and all the sugary goodness one could want. But, there was something called "Dave's Killer Bread." 
On a whim, I bought it. (Powerseed)
And it was good. Very good. Sandwiches were delicious again - toast was something to look forward to in the mornings. Then I learned there was more than one line, or flavor, of DKB and I was hooked. What really made me a fan was finding DKB at Costco. Yay for me!
I never miss a chance to tell friends about DKB hoping that they will also find it as great as have. If for nothing more than the story behind the bread. Dave turned his life around and is helping other ex-cons turn themselves around, too. It's a fine story and one to rally behind. Congratulations Dave and everyone at DKB for being more.
-Jason

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.