Unfortunately, so many websites display as 20% content and 80% ads (I made these numbers up).

Unfortunately, so many websites display as 20% content and 80% ads (I made these numbers up). You have an ad to the side, an ad mid-read, and the same ad at the bottom followed by dozens of smaller ads throughout the content.

I don't want websites to not be able to make money and I especially don't want content creators to not be compensated for their work, but sometimes the ads are just to obtrusive. Thus, the need for an adblocking software.

via Peter Vogel 

Originally shared by Derek Ross

Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Taboola paying AdBlock to unblock their ads

The Financial Times is reporting that these companies have paid AdBlock Plus to allow their ads to pass through their blocking software. AdBlock makes money by allowing companies to pay for their ads to go unblocked as long as they comply with AdBlock’s “acceptable ads” policy.

Take Google for example. In 2014, they reported almost $60 billion in advertising revenue. Paying for ads that comply with AdBlock's policy to slip through to users would be beneficial to their own bottom line.

Do you use AdBlock? I do. I also whitelist sites that matter to me as I am fully aware that developers and content creators need to be paid for their hard work. If we blocked their means of monetization, their content and products would go away. I don't want that.

Don't forget to add phandroid.com and androidforums.com to your whitelist filter! ;)
http://phandroid.com/2015/02/02/google-is-paying-adblock-to-unblock-their-ads/#.VM-wcrpkuV8.google_plusone_share

Comments

Jason ON said…
I don't know. I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.