Whew!


Whew! Is it me or are people just really lazy at the social media these days? Granted, some people maybe doing everything from their phones/tablets and not spending hours filling out their Profiles, but come on! It shouldn't be too hard to put "motorcycle rider" in the About section no matter what medium you use to sign up for G+.\

That being said, of the 27 or so membership requests I let in maybe 6 or 7 people just now. Of the 20-21 I didn't let in either their Profiles weren't filled out (with something about motorcycling) or they were spammers or they had no public posts, etc.

Anywho, welcome to the new people! I took a chance on a few, as always so hopefully my impulses won't bite me in the arse.

I'm also thinking about adding some more moderators. As we get larger I have a hard time keeping up with all the posts, flagged posts, rules, etc. If anyone's interested let me know. The person should be a frequent contributor to the Community, a follower of the rules and be willing to make judgement calls based on real or supposed violations.

Comments

Hello and thank you for accepting me in!
Obviously this is a new profile - I chose to create a new one for my new project, rather than use my own personal one. Anyway, I hope I don't disappoint, this community looks really good and friendly :)
Jason ON said…
Welcome, MotoTours Greece! Yours is one I took a chance on, which I do with any Business page requesting access. ;)
VKGT said…
Yeah I don't know. It might be that people don't necessarily want their info out there. There are a lot of spammers though so I could see why you might hesitate on some of them
Thanks! Obviously I'm not going to go around posting dry ads or anything, but even so it's hard to tell sometimes what extent of 'business' presence each community will allow. I'm just being me, but at the same time wishing to promote what will hopefully turn into a viable business activity.
I was looking for a PM button to ask these things in private and couldn't really find it - shows how little I've used G+...!
Jason ON said…
Just plus-tag me or Michael Dubnik (the only other current moderator) if you have any questions, MotoTours Greece. That's how we PM on G+. ;)
VKGT said…
Honestly, I came over here to Google+ to try and see what it's all about. Not as easy to use as Facebook is, that's for sure.
Jason ON said…
Yeah, Michael Dubnik, and that's where my judgement calls come in.
Kyong Kim said…
I don't know what the spam is but the people who post something and you see on their profile it's posted to like 20 other groups at once drive me crazy. Try to make your posts unique and interesting!
Jason ON said…
Kyong Kim, and those are things I look at when I look at Profiles. Is s/he posting the same thing to a dozen groups? Yes? Then they don't get in.
Hi Jason, sorry for the lack of contribution so far too, as i have just created my own brand of prtective and riding clothing aimed more at those who ride everday to work (in london we are over 80 000), so my efforts are more there. Hopefully i can contribute more in the future. Thanks Www.rideregiment.co.uk
Will Munck said…
Welcome aboard new folks. It's getting so bad here in Massachusetts I was honestly in the garage last night sitting in the bike making vroom vroom noises. . spring can't come soon enough.
Sash Walker said…
But I am a WheeliePoppinCrazyRidinBikerHooligan! I'm just not a gang. . .

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.