Riddle Me This ...

So, I went to a movie. What movie, you ask? Well, I decided to go see Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. yes, I'd heard it's a terrible movie and yes I heard most people walk out of it before the end because yes, it is that bad. But, as a B-movie afficionado I decided to give it a try, especially for the measly $4 the local theater charges on Tuesday's for the Tuesday matinee. 

So, I leave the house, my mom (whom I'm visiting) and my aunt busily making sloppy-joe's for lunch.

I get to the theater and request the movie, the guy behind the glass tells me it will be $5.50. I tell him it's not worth $5.50 to me and I came here because it was $4.00 Tuesday, was it not? He says it is, but GR:SoV is in 3D and that means there's a surcharge. Okay, but I'm still not interested in seeing it for that amount, especially in 3D. I explain that I've heard nothing but bad reviews about the movie and I'm interested in seeing how bad it actually is, and that's worth $4.00 to me. Not $5.50.

Oh, I'm sorry, he says. I meant Sony Pictures doesn't allow us to discount their titles so you have to pay the regular matinee price.

Okay, I'm still not interested in seeing it for that price.

So I return to my mom's house.

"Where'd you go," my mom asks.
"I went to go see that movie," I reply.
"Ha ha ha, no you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
Then my aunt chimes in, "No you didn't, jackass."

Neither one of them asks me why I'm not actually watching the movie or why I'd returned to the house so quickly, did I forget something (the theater is only about 1.5 miles away) or any of a variety of other questions to try and understand why I returned so soon if I'd left to see a movie which should have lasted at least 90 minutes.

Finally I just state, "I don't care what the fuck you believe. I went to go see that movie."

And that's it. Nothing from either of them. No questions, comments or concerns other than do I want a sloppy-joe.

I have no idea what they think happened during that exchange, all I know is both of them have a very annoying habit of developing assumptions and when those assumptions are shown to be invalid they drop the subject and move on. My mom has even gone so far as to start crying when her assumptions are proven not to be valid. My aunt just turns away and says she doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

This is one of many reasons I hate coming back here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.