NookColor CM7 - Review

So, I've been using my NookColor CM7 loaded tablet for a few days now. My thoughts on it are this:

I think it's great as a simple cloud and information device. It allows me to easily check my social networks, look at GMaps, peruse my email and a few other things that I do a lot from my Android phone anyway. However, as a production device, it is seriously lacking. It has no microphone for voice commands or input and the screen is not as responsive as I would like. Not to mention typing on it, while easier than on my Android since the buttons are larger, is not easy and I find a lot words are being replaced because Android doesn't recognize them, a la auto-correction on iOS.

And I guess I'm just old school in that I prefer typing with both my hands on a keyboard than typing with my thumbs on a screen which may work well on a smartphone for shirt quick replies, longer replies or created content gets tedious.

I don't ever foresee tablets replacing a computer, but maybe to augment computer usage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.