I see these every day and, yes, I've made a few.

I see these every day and, yes, I've made a few. Sometimes I knowing make them wondering if anyone will catch the fallacy and sometimes I don't. But what really strikes me is when i call other people out of their false arguments and they go ever deeper into them. This can happen with both sides of of the Political spectrum as well as with nearly every social issue that makes the news.

I'm not saying you can't be right while making a logical fallacy, but if you're going to put your opinion out there you need to try to be as reasonable and objective as possible. And be able to take the criticism. I'm constantly surprised at how many people cry "troll" when all the other person is doing is breaking down their logical fallacies.
https://www.boredpanda.com/bad-argument-false-fallacies-dummies/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter

Comments

Todd Green said…
Social media seems to bring out the worst in people discussing any controversial subject. I think the loud ones tend to dominate. It's a problem.
Jason ON said…
Very much a problem.
Todd Green said…
Good. We got that settled! What's next?

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.