Just in time for my homelessness.


Just in time for my homelessness.

Trying to figure out how to block out the windows in my truck so no one can see through them. The big side windows in the cargo area are the ones I'm most concerned about. Otherwise, I have my sleeping area made up and it may actually be somewhat comfortable.

I have my 10° sleeping bag and my comforter so that shouldn't be too bad.

Now to find a "safe" place to park. A friend had a great idea for when the weather gets really bad. He suggested paying for underground parking in an underground lot. The temperature, while cold, will be more even and I'd be out of the wind and snow. I was looking for a parking garage but didn't even think about an underground one.

There isn't enough light to take a picture of my setup, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Comments

Emlyn O'Regan said…
I think Walmart is tolerant of people sleeping in vehicles
Ariel Batista said…
Shelter time. Sorry about your status. Good luck.
Hope you find temp/permanent housing soon.
Blake B said…
Inverter with a ceramic heater?
Jason ON said…
Yep, definitely going to need some way to block the light. After the past year of.sleeping in pitch black this is far too much.
Bodhipaksa said…
I was sorry to read your story. This guy sounds like a controlling jerk.
Bodhipaksa said…
Also I hope you can stay in touch with your friend. I think she's getting into deep shit.
At least we'll always have G+ to keep us company
Jason ON said…
Bodhipaksa he's definitely very passive aggressive with insecurity issues. Whether his issues will result in more control (remember, he's a self-proclaimed minimalist [control issues]) we'll have to wait and see, but almost every woman I've spoken to has said she'll come to her senses sooner or later. I'm just not sure she will. I jokingly referred to her relationship as being cult-like and she didn't see the parallels, saying she wasn't in a cult but she was happy. I told her no one in a cult believes they're in a cult. Her relationship is the same: controlling.
Dude! Wow! I would so rent you my place here in Oregon, hell I'm not livin in it now. but there ain't no jobs in Florence Oregon right now. I'm at a friends Mother inlaws place. Her husband passed, she has a big house, an property, an needed help managing it. I've been fixing antique tractors an the house an barn an a couple other out buildings here. June , she's 80, is just happy to have someone to talk to.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.