... and, I'm homeless.

Comments

Jason ON said…
Tony David yes'ish
Andreas Katifes said…
Any friends or family member you can stay with until you settle with your new job? Very sorry to hear this.
Jason ON said…
Andreas Katifes no, not really.
David Gross said…
I have a pull out bed 🛏 in my couch 🛋 but it's in NJ. 😕
Tony David said…
Oh man, sorry to hear that, hope you can get that sorted soon. Would help, but you know, other side of the world :/
Jon Mallin said…
You're between homes, like being between jobs, Jason ON . If you need advice or assistance, lots of people are around you can contact privately. I'll raise my hand though I'm not sure what the situation is or what assistance I can provide.
David Amerland said…
Jason ON I am so terribly sorry to hear that. Can you email me where you're at? (davidamerland@gmail.com)
Emlyn O'Regan said…
Jason ON's profile says he's in Denver, Colorado. Dude, if you can cross the country, you've got a place to stay in Nashville. I suspect that's useless to you, but still.
Robert Wallis said…
Jason ON what a shit show.
Take any sofa, look for somewhere cheap and hold onto the job.

Keep your chin up too!
Stephen Dickson said…
Damn! That's a hell of a yarn.
Sibyl L said…
I only know you through G+, but if you need $ please let me know. I don't have infinite resources but I have enough to help out. No one should be homeless.
Denise Connolly said…
That really, really, really sucks. I am so sorry to hear it. Yay for the job and the plan but in the meantime it sucks...what about roommates on Craigslist? I know it is a toss up and saving money for a deposit is a thing.
Damn. Just damn. I know someone who went through this, it is rough but doable for a time. And from what I heard the VA has programs but as you know it is the VA, so I think you are right on that one. Housing in Denver is still tight. Dang it
Jason ON said…
Packing sucks. Especially when you're not sure where/how you will be living going forward. How many socks, shoes, shirts, jeans to keep on hand? What about toiletries? Cold weather gear? Etc?
Jason ON said…
Last load to storage has been dropped off and the motorcycle has been delivered (also to storage) now it's just me, my computer, clothes, camera and other incidentals.

I went out to my truck and finally cleared the back out and laid down the back seat. Guess what doesn't go down all the way? For the foreseeable future, I will be sleeping in an inclined position.

I also tried to give the remainder of my food stuffs to a friend but he declined. I'd rather not leave it here a the house for the people kicking me out, but I don't have any way to take it with me. No room for a cooler or anything.

I was just telling my friend, I'd always liked my smaller SUV, but now I'm wishing I had the bigger 4Dr one.
Jason ON said…
Last night with roof over head. Sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. Will have to run to storage after work as i think i have too much stuff in my truck.
Stephen Dickson said…
I've been living rough for 18 months. Gotten a bit feral but i deal with it.
Jason ON said…
Got walked out of my job today.
Jason ON said…
Andreas Katifes Olaf Fichtner manager called me at 3:45 (local) into a room, handed me my final check, told me I could apply to other positions in the company and took my badge.

It caught me by surprise. As I'm walking out, saying my goodbyes, he comes up to me and tells me I need to leave the building. I don't.

On the second floor I run across some other employees, those who have been there for years. I told them what happened and they went bonkers. One even tried to catch HR before they left the building. I have an exit interview scheduled for Monday morning with the senior HR person. No promises were made but I got the impression I might have a chance to get re-hired on another team.
Jason ON said…
Do you know what it's like to drive around looking for a "safe place" to park for the evening? Sadly, I do.

I spent the last two nights in church parking lots and was hoping to again this evening but, dammit, whatever these churches are doing, they're doing well into the night.

Went to a homeless Veterans event today. Spoke with some shelters. They don't sound fun. One shelter, the Samaritan House, said they're group style. 80 men sharing a room. I could barely sleep with Rufus breathing in the room, how am i supposed to sleep around 79 other people? Also, since it's a Catholic shelter they require regular counseling sessions and regular mass attendance. And the guy i spoke with admitted, it's not always safe.

There are, of course, other options.

I just need a good night's sleep and a place to prep for interviews. So I can start looking for a place. Is that too much to ask?
Olaf Fichtner said…
Good to see how highly the US of A value their vets. Asking citizens to once a year recite "Thank you for your service" is apparently enough to ask for the next batch of recruits to be sent to "defend democracy" in some corner of the globe. You would be way better off on this island...
Jason ON said…
Olaf Fichtner if you have a job, I have nothing here.
Olaf Fichtner said…
Jason ON I know, but I mean this in general. Honestly, I don't understand why there are still so many people trying to get into the US instead of another country. IMHO it isn't worth it. You would for example very likely more easily find a job here than over there.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.