Friend just came to me in a near panic, "I changed a setting on my camera and think I broke it.


Friend just came to me in a near panic, "I changed a setting on my camera and think I broke it. I reset the camera like 6 times."

"What happened?" I ask.

"I changed the settings to Manual ands now all my photos are black." She brings the camera up, pushes the shutter release and shows me a nearly black image. See?"

Immediately seeing the problem I say, "You're in Manual, change your settings. Right now you're severely under-exposing."

Doh!

Image not related.

Comments

Poor friend; are you teaching them to shoot manual now?

I prefer full manual mode on any camera with fingertip access to the controls.
Jason ON said…
I have tried, but she doesn't shoot enough for it to really stick. She's prepping for a trip out of the country and trying to get everything in order. Heck, even I rarely shoot in full blown Manual, usually preferring Aperture Priority or a Programmed setting.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.