Waaaay back in elementary and middle schools we were taught to use the Oxford comma, but by the time I reached high...

Waaaay back in elementary and middle schools we were taught to use the Oxford comma, but by the time I reached high school the "serial" comma had grown out of favor. I distinctly remember one of my teachers critiquing one of my papers and when I responded with the "but that's how we were taught to do it" I was met with the rules changed, we don't do that anymore.

Originally shared by Paul M Edwards

Oxford comma FTW!
https://qz.com/932004/the-oxford-comma-a-maine-court-settled-the-grammar-debate-over-serial-commas-with-a-ruling-on-overtime-pay-for-dairy-truck-drivers/

Comments

David Simmons said…
I wonder if their contract have "may" in it. Because I've learned that a "may" in a contract nullify whatever you think you are getting. "The overtime may be paid on the 1st of the month" means to the company: "Eventually, maybe"
Joe Hanley said…
Send lawyers, Guns and Money.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.