So, I haven't been blogging much lately ...

So, I haven't been blogging that much lately. There's no one to blame but myself. I think it's because I was trying to keep up with too many blogs at once: a motorcycle blog (but I didn't ride that much last summer), a photography blog with nothing but pictures I took and maybe a few words about why I grabbed that particular shot and why I chose that particular post-processing effect and a personal one where I shared some of my thoughts if I thought someone might be interested.

And yet, I covered all these bases in social media (Google+ mostly), which was easier to post to from mobile. As far as I was concerned, blogging is about long form content.

But then I started thinking in long form content. Not that I'm not always consumed with large galaxy-spanning thoughts, but I was thinking quick posts to social media just weren't cutting it anymore. And yet, I let the blogs fade into the background.

A month, maybe two, ago I decided to consolidate all my Blogger blogs under one Google-ID just to make things easier. I meant to export and import all the different blogs into one universal blog - this one - but can't really remember if I did that or not. I'll have to check after I post this.

I'm hoping to start writing again, even if it's silly and nonsensical, here in the near future; posting at least once a week instead of trying to post to four different blogs four days a week. Some may be photos, some about riding my motorcycle, some about walking my dog or thoughts I may or may not have had. This will be my personal blog, after all. We'll see if I can stick with it long enough to make it a habit. If I remember correctly, they say it takes about two weeks to create or break a habit. But, if I'm only posting once a week will the two week rule still apply or will it take fourteen weeks or more?

I don't know.

In roughly two months I have a birthday coming and I'll use that as a benchmark. In the meantime, keep checking back.

Here's a photo of a bicycle for no reason whatsoever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.