One student travels to #StandingRock in September.

One student travels to #StandingRock in September. While there he discovers his connection to the protestors and may have inadvertantly become a role model.

#NoDAPL
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/bronson-koenig-wisconsin-basketball-standing-rock/

Comments

Bodhipaksa said…
Wait. Isn't that the plot to Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai, and a gazillion other "white dude shows the natives how it's really done" movies? :)
Paul M Edwards said…
Great article, thanks for sharing.

"I’m seeing reports that police have used high-pressure water cannons on protesters — men, women and children. In the subfreezing North Dakota winter, that’s a potentially deadly combination.

... I can’t help but think about the cruel irony that water is being used as a weapon against Native Americans who are trying to protect their own water supply."
Jason ON said…
Bodhipaksa, by what's said in this piece, I get the impression the author is half Native American/half Caucasion. While he was predominantly raised in white man's land, he's been reconnecting with his native roots. Going to Standing Rock was just one more connection.
Bodhipaksa said…
Apologies! I was being a bit of a smart-ass, and hadn't even read the article.
Jason ON said…
No worries. We've all been there.
Bodhipaksa said…
I was joking, really. It wasn't meant as a criticism!
Paul M Edwards said…
Jason ON Bodhipaksa​ I go there quite regularly. 🤣 Though I usually read the article first so that I can be a more effective smartass. 😎
Bodhipaksa said…
I didn't want facts to get in the way. You know what it's like :)

Popular posts from this blog

I don't make a lot of personal posts so please bear with me.

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...