I know I've posted a few articles in this collection about online privacy and there's a reason I do.

I know I've posted a few articles in this collection about online privacy and there's a reason I do. This is how to see what Google knows about you. FaceBook, Apple, even Microsoft know all, if not most, of these things as well. Yahoo? Yes. Even some benign apps know these things, as well.

Remember, your data is more valuable to a company than you buying their app or service. Every time an app or service pops up that becomes popular the developers are trying to figure out a way to gather your data so it can be packaged and sold to marketers. Every time you offer more data for convenience (which is why many app makers "require" features like GPS be turned on) you're trading away your privacy.

And if you think you have nothing to fear, you have nothing to hide, ask yourself: would you be so cavalier if the government wanted to track you? All it takes is a National Security Letter for them to access all that information.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.computerworld.com/article/3148794/personal-technology/14-eyebrow-raising-things-google-knows-about-you.amp.html?_utm_source=1-2-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.