First of all, $51/Mo for dial-up is called gouging your customers, AT&T​​.

First of all, $51/Mo for dial-up is called gouging your customers, AT&T​​.

Secondly, yes, why aren't you and other companies more proactive in protecting your customers rather than abusing them? Why didn't those CSRs have the ability to investigate further and waive those fees? Why isn't something like this immediately forwarded to a manger or director?

Thirdly, why did it take the threat of bad press for you to properly respond to this man's issue? This is the age of always on broadband internet, no one is going to feel empathy for you for claiming the man was dialing a wrong number all this time.

Kind of reminds me of when AT&T​​ (Cingular) charged me data fees for being on WiFi. After 10 years I left for T-Mobile​​ and haven't regretted it one bit.
http://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-sends-83-year-old-man-24000-bill-for-dial-up/

Comments

Tobias Harms said…
The answer to all the questions are of course monopoly. No real competition means that you can do what the heck you want.
T-Mobile said…
We're glad to see you've never regretted it! :D We're so glad to have you!

-Lauren
God she is so freakin HOT!
Jason ON said…
Atavistic By Nature​, I'm glad you understand the underlying theme here.
I left Verizon after 7 years and went to Virgin Mobile- bought a galaxy s3 and now I have unlimited everything using Sprint cell towers so I get awesome coverage for $55 a month. You can't beat that.
But I still fantasize over Lily.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.