A Grimm Day

Okay, this one has to top them all. I've ranted about social media etiquette in the past, talked about people who comment then block, preventing dissenting opinions from being heard; talked about people who limit comments to only their trusty sycophants and talked about people who play the victim i an effort to garner wide appeal. I mean, who doesn't want to feel sorry for a victim, right?

Today's conversation takes the bacon. Yesterday -- yes, today's conversation started yesterday -- +Gail Grimm posted a Public (this will be important later) post calling out a self described intolerant christian. She didn't tag him into the post she created about him, merely created the post and waited for all the people who have her circled to come in and agree.

I was one of those people. I mean, let's face it, the guy's an ass.



Then I went on to state pretty clearly, I might add, that even though the guy's an ass his premise isn't entirely wrong. You see, Santa Claus has traditionally been portrayed as a European character (read: white) as he's based off of a variety of mythical and factual persons: Saint. Nick, Father Christmas, Sinterklaas, Odin, etc. All of whom are white.

Instead of discussing the content of my message she accuses me of trying to take her post of topic (which her screenshot of the other guy's post clearly shows his talking about Santa Claus, thus making Santa part of the subject) and begins deleting my posts. This happened overnight or early this morning. I didn't see it until I checked Google+ mid morning in the Mountain time zone.

When I questioned her curating of comments she deleted my post. When I questioned it again, she deleted my post.

So, I made a post of my own to a limited audience since I wasn't looking to start a Circle war or to drag her name through the mud in Google searches. You see, Google adds Google+ posts to Google searches so if anyone searches for "Gail Grimm" they wouldn't find my post about her. I thought I was being courteous and respectful in keeping her name out of the mud. Heck, my first words in the post were her name, thus drawing her into the conversation.


She makes one comment and then screengrabs my post and makes yet another post about an individual without even giving them the courtesy of a plus tag, all the while using patronizing language and trying to humiliate me for tagging her into the post in the first place.


Um, I did it on purpose.

She then goes forward and deletes every comment I make while making wild accusations against me and whenever I try and counter or refute her point she just deletes the comment and makes another one, which I try and refute and she deletes and comments. It became a vicious cycle on her posts, but since she couldn't control the conversation on mine, she's notably silent.

This went on all day. It went from me trying to be reasonable to her trying claiming harassment. I informed her she was free to block me, but she refuses to do so, yet claims I'm harassing her when she's clearly commenting directly to me. I keep visualizing those farce's of justice where white wigged men prosecute a defendant without evidence and without allowing the defendant to put up a defense all the while the spectator pool is nodding silently.

She cried about how I violated her personal Terms of Service and when I countered with you made a public post on a public forum on a domain you don't own she responded with "It's my wall and I can do what I want."

She then deleted my comment.

And then she repeated that I was harassing her. When I reminded her that we were having a discussion on a public forum, on a public post and I was the subject of one of those posts, she just responded by calling me a harasser and deleting my comment.  When I pointed out how she was perfectly capable of blocking me, she deleted my comment and told me I was harassing her. When I explained to her how each and every time she responds to me she's inviting me back into the conversation, she deletes my comment and makes another one.

Sadly, all her claims of my behavior cannot be verified because she keeps deleting my comments. When I mentioned that little aspect to her, she deleted my comment and commented back at me thus perpetuating the cycle.

All the while I made no personal attacks against her, just her ability to have an open and free discussion on the merits. As a response, she decided to play the victim, claiming I like harassing girls. As a feminist I would think she'd not fall back on the defenseless girl routine, but she did.

I have not followed her around the internet, I have not commented on any more of her posts other than the original which spawned this fiasco and the one she made directly about me. Yet, somehow it's harassment.

Can someone explain it to me? How is commenting on a public post on a public forum harassment? Unfortunately, she deleted every comment I made and neither she nor I can prove our individual points. She also claimed that if she blocks me I win. I don't win, I abhor blocking. We're either all adults capable of civility or we're not.

Let me get this straight. She comments to me and makes a post about me, tells me I'm harassing her for responding to her comments about me and refuses to block me claiming it's a win for me, all the while claiming she's being harassed?

How can you claim you're being harassed and be taken seriously when you take no effort to block the supposed harasser? Can someone explain that logic to me? Could you imagine this in a court of law? Judge: Ms. Grimm, why didn't you just block him? Grimm: I didn't want him to win. Judge: Why did you keep addressing him? Grimm: Because he was harassing me, of course.

Ludicrous!

Supposedly she's been grabbing screenshots of all my responses before deleting them and I'm sure at some point she'll create another post about me, not tag me into it, and slander me behind my back. As evident by her original post that started all of this she apparently has a history of talking about people behind their back.

Yet, never fear, her trusty followers were all allowed to come in can berate me without being deleted yet I can't even get in a "How do you do" without it being deleted within seconds.

So, apparently she created yet another post about me without tagging me in. I guess I was right, she really is just interested in slandering me behind my back.


The good news is, she posted her screen caps but admits she possibly didn't get them all.




And she's claiming sexual harassment even though I've never brought up her sex, her gender or anything of the sort, asking her "geeks" to sniff me out so she can contact my employer and tattle on behavior that just doesn't exist.


At this point who's harassing who? I mean, seriously, she's asking for people to come and help her attack me. She's apparently mad that we're having a stubborn stand off and I'm more stubborn than she thought.


Addendum:

My (female) roommate actually caught this one. I didn't see it at first. Apparently, Gail is now equating commenting on a Public post to rape:


The sad part is, people like this truly exist in the world. I'll admit, I went from frustrated (hence this original post) to stubborn to feeling like I was being challenged on who would last longer, the girl who could 'go all night' or me to giddy, kind of like my own version of Flappy Birds, Candy Crush or whatever is wasting everyone's time like a crack addict these days, to now I'm just bored. And late for the gym.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.