Are you a helmet wearer, or do you shun protecting your noggin?

Are you a helmet wearer, or do you shun protecting your noggin? Personally, I think I'm too pretty to risk riding without a helmet. Whatever would I do if something marred my money-maker?

On the cost side, is it really everyone else's responsibility to cover the costs of a helmetless rider when that rider made a personal choice?

In my opinion, if you choose to ride without a bucket on your head, you are choosing your own fate. A small investment is so much easier and more cost effective than risking brain damage or loss of quality of life because you "dont think helmets look cool."
http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21589881-feel-wind-your-hair-bill-taxpayer-your-injuries-no-brainer?fsrc=scn/fb/wl/pe/nobrainer

Comments

Tom Hatton said…
I always wear a brain-bucket.
Chris Shockley said…
Yes, all the time . Was a competitive cyclist for years and understand it's value .
Sash Walker said…
I wear my helmet most of the time. In states that don't require it I have occasionally gone without for short jaunts. I find myself less compelled to ride helmetless than I used to. At first I wanted to ride without it all the time, but now the novelty has worn off.
James Formolo said…
Rode without one for first 30 years, and for last 9 years never without my half helmet.
Phil Martin said…
Always around home.  But there are a few stretches of beach road where speeds are down and cross traffic is minimized that are really nice without a helmet.  You can actually converse with a passenger in normal tones without $1,000 worth of radio gear.
Bay C said…
I cover my noggin
Ken Haid said…
I don't leave home on the bike without it. WV fortunately still has a helmet law for which I am thankful. I would wear one regardless.
Jason ON said…
Colorado's helmet laws are pretty much "rider's choice." I would never ride further than the end of the street and back without a helmet.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.