Via Marco Zennaro .

Via Marco Zennaro . I couldn't copy/paste his comment on mobile so I ask that you click through to his original share and read what he had to say. He sums it up perfectly.

Originally shared by Jeff Dean

The reasons listed for banning these books are ridiculous and sad.  Southern states banned "Where the Wild Things Are" because it promotes "witchcraft and supernatural events"?  "The Lorax" was banned because it "criminalized the logging industry"?  "Charlotte's Web" was banned in Kansas because "talking animals are an 'insult to god'"?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/spenceralthouse/classic-childrens-books-that-have-been-banned-in-america

Comments

Tammy Moore said…
I think we should start by banning religious zealotry.
Andrew Maxwell said…
I'm with Tammy Moore. Do these schools ever read? Some of these are banned because of the Church, yet the christian and catholic bibles (just for example) have rape, murder and other criminal acts listed in it, yet I know it is allowed in schools.
Ron Tupa said…
what they SHOULD have banned was the MOVIE "where the wild things are"....R.I.P. james gandolfini...but it was awful.....just sayin...  ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.