Eegads! The interwebz is gone!


Eegads! The interwebz is gone!

On Monday morning the internet worked fine (where I live) and then sometime in the afternoon (around 3PM, maybe) it went dark. All I know is it worked in the morning and then didn't when I came home.

Since the interwebz is in my roommate's name I waited for her to get home and call the ISP: Dish Network, which is a reseller of Century Link here in Colorado. 

According to her conversation with Dish Network, even though the internet went down mid-day, they were unable to find cause remotely and must instead send a (Century Link)  tech out to the house even though there were three techs in the neighborhood on Monday and Century Link is rolling out fiber to the neighborhood which could mean they disconnected a pair at the end of the street or cut a copper bundle or something.

Okay. fine. Whatever.

On Sunday.

Huh? What? Sunday? That's nearly a week away!

According to the Tier I tech support guy at Dish Network,  per the wildfires and floods (there are floods?) in Colorado right now, no techs are available in SE Denver.

Gah!

That coupled with T-Mobile not really covering me where I live (their solution to all my coverage woes is "use wifi") and I have very limited access to the webz this week.

So, if you've tried to reach me and I've been unable to reach back, that's why.

With Comcast being the only other game in town for interwebz access, this sucks. 

But, here's a picture for your viewing pleasure.

Comments

Man that sucks!

How cozy are you with your neighbors? You could ask one of them if you could use their wifi for a week or so if you know them well enough.
Melissa Mendoza said…
Sorry to hear of your trouble. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you on the Comcast side.
Steve Ruge said…
Yes there were some floods and mudslides near Ft Collins but if that's all it takes to bring CenturyLink to its knees...
Jason ON said…
Exactly, Steve Ruge !
Tony Barbee said…
Lol.... Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.