Why can't I find Instagram in the Play store? Weird.

Comments

Jeffrey Hamby said…
What version is your OS? If it's below the target version they compiled for the store won't let you see it.

Try from a browser.
Heinz Seijas said…
It's there. It has to be your version of android. What r u using?
Jason ON said…
Trying to download apps I had on my G2 to this warranty replaced G2. Had it
on my other one. Both have version 2.3.4.
Jeffrey Hamby said…
Try through a browser, it will tell you if it can be install and why if not.
Jason Bayton said…
I can pull the APK if you're struggling.
Jason ON said…
I received a replacement phone from T-Mobile yesterday and am reloading apps. For some reason the Android Market hasn't updated to Google Play Store and I think that may be why the app isn't showing as available. I have been using Streamzoo more often these days, but I do have people I'm connected to on Instagram, so I'd still like to have that as well. 

I need to see if I can update, or download the Play store from desktop.
Jason Bayton said…
I've found opening and closing the play store combined with a few reboots kicks the update off :)
T-Mobile said…
Jason ON It sounds like you figured it out. :-) The Instagram app wasn't available in the old Market so it is likely the reason for the issue. Try going in and out of the Android Market application a few times and it will eventually communicate with the Google servers and send the new Play Store settings through.
Jason Bayton said…
^^ service with a smile.
Joe Lancaster said…
Or try "*#*# 2432546 #*#*" in the dialer.
Jason ON said…
I went in and out about 8 or nine times yesterday. Can I force it update from desktop, T-Mobile?
Jason ON said…
Joe Lancaster
, what does that do?
Joe Lancaster said…
'Checks in' to Google servers to prompt for updates.
T-Mobile said…
Jason ON Based on what I can find on the Play Store site and other searches on Google.com, I don't believe you can. I might recommend you contact Google directly if you would like to know for certain.
Jason ON said…
Joe Lancaster, I received a "connection problem or invalid MMI code" error. I'm on wifi so it can't be that.

Thanks for trying to help out, T-Mobile.
Jason ON said…
Oops, looks like I missed a * in there.
Jason Bayton said…
Just access it a few times and reboot the phone a couple times. It will come.
Jeffrey Hamby said…
Jason ON you might try going to settings/apps and deleting the data from your market app.  Then run it again, and hopefully it will update to Play.

That's what I'd done in the past with ROMd Androids anyway.
Heinz Seijas said…
Delete the cache and data
Then remove the sync to it on the sync section of your settings. Re enable sync and that should do it
Jason ON said…
I took the phone back to a factory reset and it updated to the Play Store just fine. Weird since it came as a warranty replacement and was set at factory when I got it.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.