Would this turn you off from using Ubuntu linux?

Would this turn you off from using Ubuntu linux?

Originally shared by Mark Smith

An article making the rounds on the AP today from a Slashdot post

An anonymous reader writes
"Scheduled to be released next month, Ubuntu 12.10 now includes both Amazon ads in the user's dash and by default an amazon store in the user's launcher. The reason for these 'features'? Affiliate revenue. Despite previous controversies with Banshee and Yahoo, Canonical is 'confident it will be an interesting and useful feature for our 12.10 users.' But are the 'users' becoming products?"
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/09/22/1319216/ubuntu-will-now-have-amazon-ads-pre-installed

Comments

Brian Smith said…
It wouldn't turn me off from usiing Ubuntu per se...but it would convince me to keep using Xubuntu as my preferred linux desktop!
Jason Bayton said…
If they push ads into ubuntu, I'd stop using it. Full stop.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.