Ran across something like this when I replaced my license a few years ago.

Ran across something like this when I replaced my license a few years ago. I tried to smile and the DMV told me I couldn't. I was flabbergasted at the direction as I couldn't understand why smiling was such as bad thing.

Last time I had to get a license replaced (a few months ago) I smiled and no one said a thing. After the picture was taken I told the guy the woman who took my picture the previous time wouldn't let me smile at all. He said he didn't know why she said that and continued to process my license.

On a side note: I don't see why they need to use facial recognition. With your name, SSN, address and other information, they can certainly verify if you have more than one driving record.
http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-bans-smiling-drivers-license-photos-200155700--abc-news-topstories.html

Comments

Brian Johnson said…
because you're dealing with the DMV and smiling can't be expected :)
Jason ON said…
The DMV. I don't know why it's called that when in reality it's the Place That Sucks Souls, or PTSS.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.