The researchers believe that drawing led to better memory when compared with other study techniques because it...

The researchers believe that drawing led to better memory when compared with other study techniques because it incorporated multiple ways of representing the information–visual, spatial, verbal, semantic and motoric.

A long time ago, in a state far far away, I started doodling while the teachers were talking. It's something I kept with me then one day it was just gone. I don't know when or why, maybe because I stopped being a student, but one day I was sitting in a corporate training wondering why i couldn't retain much of the information. Upon wondering why I realized there were few to no doodles in my notebook. So, I started doodling and the information became easier to retain.


via Luna Occulta

Originally shared by Neuroscience News

Drawing is Better than Writing for Memory Retention

Older adults who take up drawing could enhance their memory.

The research is in Experimental Aging and Research. (full access paywall)
https://neurosciencenews.com/drawing-memory-retention-10307/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.