Not the exactly the reason, but a good approximation of thereof, why I haven't had Facebook on my devices in 6 or...

Not the exactly the reason, but a good approximation of thereof, why I haven't had Facebook on my devices in 6 or seven years.

One of the most revealing lines in a newly released trove of internal Facebook emailscomes from a 2015 discussion about a new type of data that the company wanted to start collecting. Specifically, Facebook wanted to read users’ “call logs” on Android devices—lists of everyone they had called and texted on their phones, even when they weren’t using Facebook.
https://amp.slate.com/business/2018/12/facebook-emails-lawsuit-embarrassing-mark-zuckerberg.html?__twitter_impression=true

Comments

MTD said…
Facebook was dead to me in 2011. Been the best 7 years without them.
David Amerland said…
I never had Facebook on anything other than my laptop and that only because I really have no other choice, my clients use it. I really, really detest Facebook's approach to anything.
Jason ON said…
David Amerland same here, but even on my laptop I only visit FB in Incognito mode. I don't want any of their trackers following me.
David Amerland said…
Jason ON it's a wise thing to do.
Being a Luddite and not being on Facebook... doesn't seem to be a bad choice.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.