Life Update

The weather outside is frightful ...

In fact, the weather hasn't been too bad these past couple of days. Don't take that the wrong way, the temperatures have been a bit cooler, but the skies have been mostly clear and there hasn't been an ounce of precipitation. Until tomorrow -

- Monday (tomorrow) is supposed to continue our cool streak but simultaneously adding snow and other winter-like conditions to life in the Denver metro area. In fact, the snow front was supposed to move in today but for some reason was delayed about 24 hours. From what I understand the ski resorts have been loving the weather snowfall. Much more so than I will be, which is why I took my friend's mom up on her offer to stay in her basement for a while so I can get on my feet.

Yes, I've slept the past couple of nights in a "bed." Why the quotes? Because the "bed" is nothing more than a mattress on the ground. The bathroom I have access to is small enough to fit comfortably in an RV. Seriously, the shower stall is so small my shoulders touch both sides while showering. Take that with a grain of salt as I happen to have wide shoulders, but still, it's incredibly uncomfortable, especially with the woman I'm staying with always trying to engage with me.

I'm an introvert by nature. Sure, there are times I want to talk to people, but rarely almost never about myself and she seems filled with questions about me and I'm no fan of those sorts of questions. Not to mention a couple of other little things that are excessively annoying, but I lived with my prior roommate for a decade, I can live with this woman for a couple of months.
Not all Costco's are created equal
I already knew not all Costco's were the same. In the Denver metro area we're lucky enough to have something like 9 Costcos. Each carrying their own unique items. For example, if you didn't already know, not all Costo warehouses carry the same goods. This one might carry that and that one might carry this. Well, what I discovered today was even when Costcos carry the same items, those items can be completely different prices.

Yesterday I swung by a Costco just because I was bored and needed to kill some time. I ended up purchasing a sweater that was down from $20 to $8. Yes, eight dollars. A good deal, right? Well, today I decided to drive up the road a bit and check out this other Costco. The same sweater was being sold at $4.95.

I was so surprised I actually found a supervisor and told them I just bought that shirt at a different warehouse for almost twice as much. She said individual Costco's have the discretion to price items to move, but (and there's always a 'but') this Costco couldn't give me the difference, I'd have to go to the original store and return the $8 item there. Sadly, they only had the one color or I would have been content to have two of them, but they only had charcoal and that's the color I bought the day before.
A tale of two gyms.
Okay, they're the same gym chain, but they're two completely different gyms. The second night at the new place I decided to head over to the local gym, one I'd been to in the past but it had been a couple of years. It's a smaller gym than I was used to and while I was able to get in a decent enough workout, I felt claustrophobic with all the people around.

Last night I went to one that was supposed to equi-distant but in the other direction and was pleasantly surprised to discover how large it was. A few pieces of workout equipment I usually enjoy using weren't there, but there was plenty of equipment regardless. I'm thinking of heading back there tonight. Actually, I should be there now, so I'm thinking about heading there in the morning.
Is there anything else?
Probably, but I don't know what to write about. I had a couple of ideas over the weekend, but as usual, I didn't write them down or anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.