How do you define genocide?

How do you define genocide?

Comments

Keith Keber said…
Simply for the sake of everyone's sanity and ability to communicate in English, my native language, I'm sticking with Websters:

genocide | ˈjenəˌsīd |
noun
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation
Jason ON said…
And I agree wholeheartedly. I had someone on Twitter recently try to claim the detainment centers for Trump's immigration policy is genocide. When I disagreed he pointed out that he was so much more intelligent that I am. I asked where the wholesale slaughter was or the destruction of a culture, religion, ethnicity, etc. He still thought detainment camps were genocide.
Keith Keber said…
Heh. At that point, I probably would have asked them about synchronizing our definitions of "hyperbole". But I'm a snarky pedantic asshole who has no friends xD

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.