Bought a new helmet the other day (right) to replace the 7 year old helmet (left) I've been using for .


Bought a new helmet the other day (right) to replace the 7 year old helmet (left) I've been using for ... well, seven years. They're both Scorpions and the new one is the model that replaced the old one. I think I picked out the wrong size. The new one is an XL because I have a giant head and I checked, the old one is just an L. So, I may have to head back and try an L on to see if it fits better.

Otherwise, it's a lighter carbon fiber as opposed to the older plastic and grabs my head around the crown and the jawline as opposed to squeezing my cheeks together. It's more an all-purpose helmet than a touring or race specific style, which I'm okay with.

I wish the striping was reflective though. That way I'd be noticeable at night, but I'm not complaining.

Comments

I went from XL in an HJC to my Shoei which is L.

It's difficult to compare a worn helmet fit to a new helmet fit, I've found.
I find it's daytime when people can't see me. Headlights and marker lights make me show up like a car. It's daytime I find the problem. Go for a high visibility vest for something if you're concerned, those things stand out.
Jason ON said…
Timothy Arnold they did do an entire redesign on the helmet for this "range" and style. It fits, it's just not snug.
Jason ON said…
Had a chance to ride with this helmet finally. It's light! So light, in fact, I kept thinking it was made of styrofoam and would fly off my head at any moment. It reminded me of some cheap styrofoam helmets my mom bought us as kids. The field of view was also fantastic! Whereas my previous Scorpion helmet had decent field of view, this one seems more like IMAX compared to regular movie watching.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.