So much in this article rings true to my thoughts. From the this quote

So much in this article rings true to my thoughts. From the this quote,

Humans are inclined to see narratives where there are none because it can afford meaning to our lives—a form of existential problem-solving.

explaining how theologies are based on the religious narratives of the stories they tell to,

In fact, Jennifer Aaker, a professor of marketing at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, says that people remember information when it is weaved into narratives “up to 22 times more than facts alone.”

I notice a long time ago that I'm more likely to remember facts, history and ideas if they come from a novel rather than a non-fiction book. It's why I weave facts into my own stories.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/11/the-psychological-comforts-of-storytelling/381964/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.