My mom, in Tampa, FL, sent out a mass SMS message early this morning letting her Circle of friends know she'll be...

My mom, in Tampa, FL, sent out a mass SMS message early this morning letting her Circle of friends know she'll be using Zello to stay in touch during Hurricane Irma. I'm not sure if my 60-something (I'm sure she'd had it if I gave out her real age) mom understands Zello won't work without a data connection of some type. If cell towers or home wifi go down during this or any other storm Zello will be useless.
https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/10/zello-tops-us-app-store-as-the-walkie-talkie-for-hurricane-volunteers/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.