Reading a different article about a different subject and an errant anecdote caught my attention.

Reading a different article about a different subject and an errant anecdote caught my attention. It mentioned mirror-touch synesthesia: the ability to physically feel what others are physically feeling. In my opinion, this is the highest form of empathy. While empathy is normally attributed to a sympathetic emotional feeling between two parties, mirror-touch synesthesia takes it to the next level resulting in a physical response. It's both fascinating and weird. Now, the next time your husband says he's feeling your pregnancy symptoms he might be right. Of course, that might be something else entirely: http://www.parenting.com/article/dads-pregnancy-symptoms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror-touch_synesthesia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.