New Blogger Themes for Jasonsims

If you've seen some changes to the blog recently, then you've probably noticed me playing with some of the new Blogger themes they released recently. I can't say I'm a fan of any of them yet, each having their own pluses and minuses.

I was hoping for some cleaner modern style, which Blogger gave us, but it looks like these themes are designed to mimic the side-by-side UI of Google+, which itself was redesigned to appear more like Pinterest's columns of information a couple of years ago.

Right now I'm settling on this theme due to it's giant banner image up at the top. I like the columns, but they're offset which is messing with my OCD. Not that I have OCD, I just like things to line up. This theme is called "Soho", but I may try "Empirio" sooner rather than later just because the columns align perfectly. I wish the whole thing was centered on the page rather than having all that blank space off to the right (or left) side, though. Another one I like for the symmetry is "Notable" but I'm not a huge fan of the top post area.

We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.