I use an ad blocking Chrome extension, but even I am skeptical about Google baking in ad blocking into Chrome.

I use an ad blocking Chrome extension, but even I am skeptical about Google baking in ad blocking into Chrome.

Originally shared by Alex Hernandez

Fortune Magazine gets it.

The problem is that Google is hugely conflicted when it comes to fixing this. The browser through which it plans to offer ad blocking has more than 50% of the market, and Google itself owns and operates two of the largest ad networks in the world, DoubleClick and AdSense. Presumably, none of those ads would be blocked by this service.

Even if you dislike intrusive advertising, that's a scorched-earth response to the problem. And it's a response that is being meted out by one of the world's largest advertising companies, through a browser that it controls, based on standards that are being set by a group it helped create, along with several of the world's other major advertising companies.
http://fortune.com/2017/04/20/google-ad-blocker/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.