Many many moons ago I read a series of sci-fi / fantasy books based loosely upon the Tuatha de Danaan.

Many many moons ago I read a series of sci-fi / fantasy books based loosely upon the Tuatha de Danaan. Having never heard of the Irish Book of Invasions or the people they're about, I found the subject fascinating. I can't a put a finger on any one thing, but the ancient Irish characters seemed much more vibrant than any Greco-Roman counterparts we learned of in school. For years I devoured any book I could on these ancient people, their beliefs and their histories.

Yes, there are conflicting stories. Many of them, if I had to guess, due to Christian monks making them more christianized and countless versions later relying on those first documents. It wasn't until the past fifty to sixty years that archeologists and anthropologists have started taking these stories seriously and looking at them with new eyes instead of rehashing the same stories over and over again.
https://youtu.be/wxLtDNGq1A4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.