So, this happened about 4:30AM this morning less than 100 yards from my front door.

So, this happened about 4:30AM this morning less than 100 yards from my front door. My roommate sent me a text at 4:30 asking me if I heard the commotion. I hadn't. For once I'm the one who slept through everything.

Per the police on site, a woman who works at a nearby bar cane home and someone followed her to rob her. My roommate heard the woman screaming and then pop, pop, pop!!

Per another neighbor, a friend of the girl's was with her. He tried to break up the mugging and was the one was was shot. I know his first name, but that's all.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/man-shot-killed-in-overnight-aurora-shooting

Comments

Jason ON said…
I was just interviewed for Univision.

For the none of you that have read this thus far, here's an update:

My neighbor, Kelly Acosta, and his girlfriend came to his house after work Saturday morning. Both work in bars, but different ones as far as I know. It seems her ex-boyfriend (or current boyfriend, by some accounts) followed her to his house. A fight broke out in the parking lot and when Kelly went to intervene he was shot by the other boyfriend. He died later at the hospital.

Kelly worked at Emerald Isle, walking distance from our neighborhood: Emerald Isle

https://g.co/kgs/i881bC

He was a friend of a friend, apparently. That friend's friend even crashing there the other night when too drunk to drive home from the bar.

By all accounts he was a good guy.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RvjPuof2CPZca3QxSvAXTERGytPkJaU8ThDA7GqVk_r41dBWzBZOjslKxk9bBZUG50iFLejWnzk
Jason ON said…
Was over in this area this afternoon (83 steps from my front door - I counted) and saw a older man sitting by himself just crying. I have to wonder if he's Kelly's father.

At the same time a woman with bruises all over her face dropped a flower with the other flowers on the rocks. I have to wonder if she was the woman Kelly was trying to protect the morning he was shot.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.