I remember telling people in the early 2000s that most of our stories of heroism were stories of terrorists...

I remember telling people in the early 2000s that most of our stories of heroism were stories of terrorists overcoming the legitimate government. Star Wars is a perfect example of this. So are Robin Hood and countless others. In the USA we love the Sampson beating Goliath tales.

In our war for independence, we were the insurgents, a colonial outpost that fought the largest empire in known history. In Star Wars we root for the terrorists.

What's the difference?
http://decider.com/2015/12/11/the-radicalization-of-luke-skywalker-a-jedis-path-to-jihad/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.