So, I had a long well thought out post typed up earlier explaining my position and how I plan to go forward.

So, I had a long well thought out post typed up earlier explaining my position and how I plan to go forward. For some reason Google wouldn't post it. I let the little spinning wheel turn, turn and turn for nearly an hour before finally refreshing the tab and losing everything.

Gah!

I can't recall the words or how I phrased everything, but the gist was this:

1 - Google changed their UI/UX for the Plus.
2 - In doing so, they messed with Profiles.
3 - Since this is a closed community where potential members have to be approved, the moderation staff generally peruse all the Profiles of potential members weeding out spammers, link dumpers and non motorcycle riders.
4 - The new [lack of] Profiles severely limits how we can determine the validity of Profiles.
5 - I was waiting for Google to sort out Profiles before verifying and admitting the "waiting list."
6 - We can't make them wait forever.
7 - So, We're going to start going through the waiting list and hope there is some way to keep spammy accounts to a minimum.

and

8 - If you see something that looks like spam, or otherwise breaking the community rules, don't hesitate to reach out to a moderator and let us know.
9 - If you want a moderator's cap, let me know. We can discuss it.

Comments

Kyong Kim said…
Jason ON No worries man, I'm alright just monitoring from the sidelines. The current mods all do a great job already.
Wallace Roberts said…
Jason ON, in the lower right corner, I see a "Back to classic G+" link -- have you tried that?
Jason ON said…
I've been hoping Google gets their sh*t straight with the new layout, Wallace Roberts. It's only a matter of time before the "old" G+ is gone for good. I'm trying to embrace the change.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.