Why are you even on social media if all you're doing is disabling comments on your posts?

Comments

My guess would be "that's where the eyeballs are".
Jason ON said…
Still, I was (until I noticed it was ever single post) following a guy who would create posts leaving open endings, or as the social media 'experts' call it, a call to arms.

He would then shut down the comments.

Then I went to his Profile and every single post was the same: explanation followed by a question or other call to arms and the comments were shut down.

Now, this is a photographer posting such things as: "how not to x. Have you ever x'd?" and "This is how I y. How do you y?"

Why?
Maybe to get people to reshare to add their answers instead of commenting? That'd be one way to get his content in front of more eyeballs, depending his many people fell for it...
Kevin C. Jason ON Then how does he have a direct dialogue with those that are following him?  He doesn't.  I see Jason's point.
"This is how I y. How do you y?" To me, doesn't seem like he'd care at all about how you do y.  In this case, his method is right and screw off anybody else's method of doing y.
Jason ON said…
Kevin C.​ probably has a point. I just find it astounding that people come to social media to not be social. If you don't want a discussion, for whatever reason, then blog or Tweet, don't just post-dump on social media.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.