Beautiful Boxer puppy needs a good loving forever home.


Beautiful Boxer puppy needs a good loving forever home. She's in the Kentucky area, so if you're in that part of the country and are considering a fun companion, consider her.

Originally shared by Kay Holland

Meet Lucky.

My friends found her wandering around their field a couple weeks ago and are trying to find her a good home. The vet said she'd probably been on her own at least two weeks. She's about 9 months to a year old, house and crate trained, mostly has sit and lay down learned, and is really friendly and smart. She likes going on walks and gets along fairly well with other animals. She's been fixed, and appears to be up to date on her shots.

Now, she is still a puppy. She has the puppy eagerness and enthusiasm, and will still pull on the leash if you don't establish the rules quickly. She's mostly learned that cats are friends instead of food or toys, although some initial issues may still pop up as she gets used to them. They have not tested her around small children, although it's not recommended as she hasn't learned how to be gentle yet. She's great with their teens though.

We're in the Radcliff, Kentucky area. If you're interested, please let me know sooner rather than later. They said if she's not placed by this weekend (first weekend in December), she's going to a shelter. As she appears to have abandonment issues, this would likely be devastating for her. I'd like to avoid that if possible. They can't keep her, and she wouldn't be happy confined to my small place with me working.

Comments

Kay Holland said…
Thank you, hun. Commenting to catch any updates.
Julie Hayward said…
Omg I'd take her in a heartbeat if I could!! What a sweetheart!! I absolutely love Boxers!! Fantastic family pet!! 😊😊
Ricky Graham said…
Contact a Boxer rescue organization before taking to a shelter, please!
Kay Holland said…
Ricky Graham​, it's not my choice. I'd take her to the no kill rescue I volunteer for, but we're already overfull and my supervisor said no. This is my last shot of doing something for the pup.
Julie Hayward said…
Kay Holland there's got to be somebody somewhere who will save her. What is your time frame? I'm in Canada so I'm not sure what would be involved.
Kay Holland said…
Julie Desilets​, they said if she's not homed by this weekend, they're taking her to a shelter. If I had known sooner that was what they were planning, I would have posted this sooner. I was under the impression they were keeping her if no one else took her, but Becky said they can't handle more pets right now.
Julie Hayward said…
Kay Holland that is such as shame. If I knew what was involved in importing her to Canada I'd talk to my hubby about it.
Kay Holland said…
I understand, Julie Desilets​. I just hope we find someone in time.
Julie Hayward said…
Kay Holland me too. Best of luck. 😊 keeping my fingers crossed.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.