I really do prefer it when news sites post their sources.

I really do prefer it when news sites post their sources. For example, I'd like to know why exactly, in the judge's own words, he made this decision. Was it based on the sexual orientation of the foster parents or did he use some legal hoop jumping to make his moral decision fit the law.

Regardless, this is BS. If the local welfare authorities had no qualms, why should the judge? Who even brought this to the courts in the first place if everyone was happy?
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/12/utah-judge-orders-baby-taken-away-from-lesbian-foster-parents

Comments

It's also possible that the judge had a completely unrelated reason for removing the child that has nothing to do with their sexual orientation.
Jason ON said…
Which is why we need the reasoning, as I posited in my original commentary.
Jason ON said…
Update: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/12/utah-governor-baffled-judge-baby-lesbian-foster-parents

This judge sounds like a compete and total jackass. How he became a judge is baffling.
It is my understanding that the judge is LDS, and his decisions are colored by his religion--at least that's what my husband says.
Jason ON said…
Then he truly is a jackass judge. Jurists are supposed to make their decisions based on the law, not their religious/personal beliefs. We do have a separation of church and state, after all.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.