Seems the [insert pejorative here] over at ISIS hates the term "Daesh.

Seems the [insert pejorative here] over at ISIS hates the term "Daesh." So, let's all start referring to them as Daesh.

Originally shared by Bodhipaksa

So, "Daesh" it is... Not more Isis.

"The full name [of ISIS] in Arabic is transliterated like this: al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa al-Sham — which produces the acronym DAIISH (usually spelled Daesh in English). That sounds an awful lot like the Arabic word "dahes," which the Guardian translates as "one who sows discord." ISIS kind of hates this insulting connotation, and so banned the name "Daesh" in its territory."
http://www.vox.com/2015/11/14/9734894/daesh-isis-isil

Comments

Stephen Dickson said…
Do yanks hate getting called yanks? Yankee terrorists work better?
Jason ON said…
I'm from the South so I'm never called a Yankee.
Stephen Dickson said…
There we go.....yankee terrorist scum.
I like it.

Polite and to the point.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.