#Windows10 is rolling out today and some of us already have it. I don't, but some of us do.

#Windows10  is rolling out today and some of us already have it. I don't, but some of us do.

Does this bother anyone? I mean, it's a simple opt out when setting up your new OS package, but are most people going to know? Is sharing wifi such a big deal anymore?

At my house we have a main wifi and a secondary "guest" wifi (that's what you get when you live with a network security engineer). Does anyone actually tell their friends and family no when they ask to hop on the wifi?

What about people who live within close proximity to each other? Does this mean neighbors who might be Skype buddies or Outlook contacts can suddenly ride on each other's networks? I live in a condo and can see about 20 wifi networks at any given time. 
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/windows-10-shares-your-wi-fi-with-contacts/

Comments

Dave Maez said…
The problem isn't sharing it with people you know, it's that it gets shared to all the people THEY know.
Jason ON said…
I don't see in the article where it says friends of friends can connect ... Do you have other info available?
Dave Maez said…
It shares your wifi credentials with all of your Outlook & Skype contacts by default.  So when  you give a friend your wifi password, it shares it with all of their contacts.

This is what has people worried.  Now, if you automatically share your wifi PW with your contacts, I can't imagine that your contacts would then automatically share it with theirs (as that would create a huge cascade and we'd all be inundated with credentials).  Still, it seems a silly feature that should be opt-in.
Jason ON said…
I'll agree, it should be opti-in, but nowhere in this article does it state it will autoshare with your friend's friends.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.