I may have to give Dune a second read.

I may have to give Dune a second read. I generally don't re-read books because I remember most of them, but I wonder if the nuance has changed since I least read it at 17.

And, I think the term "technopeasant" should be resurrected. You know, someone who spends so much on technology keeping up with the latest and greatest that they have little money left for other quality of life improvements.

It just has more panache to it, like cyberpunk to hacker. 

via Ana Ulin 

Originally shared by David Anders (prpplague)
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/03/dune-50-years-on-science-fiction-novel-world

Comments

Then what do you call techies that can afford all the toys and then some? Technokings?
Jason ON said…
Chris Phenomenal​, how about "technochronics?"
Jason ON said…
Dede King​, I know it's the case when I rewatch old movies and in many cases they don't hold up to the the naïveté of a child.

The difference is, a movie is 2hrs at best and having seen it already I can do other things while it runs in the background. A book, though ... that's a commitment.
Jason ON said…
Just got two new commitments today, actually. :D I'm so happy. Been waiting to read these for a while.
Jason ON said…
You change, Christian von Kietzell​. Thus making the book change.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.