Tomorrow PBS has a show about superheroes premiering.

Tomorrow PBS has a show about superheroes premiering. This is a clip of Todd McFarlane talking about why he wrote his flagship character, Spawn, as a black man. He describes a scenario he wanted to use during his tenure on the Spider-Man books as a catalyst for why he thinks there should be more heroes of color in the comic genre.

I stopped reading comics regularly a couple of years after McFarlane left Spider-Man so I don't know if this sort of scenario ever played out and I hope it has. If not, then it should. 

Truth be told, Spider-Man could be anyone. As far as the Marvel Universe knows, he could be a black guy, he could be Jewish or Latino. Marvel Entertainment needs to drive that home and truly make him the hero of the people. You know, after this crazy Doc Ock Superior thing plays out. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsm65scfls4&feature=share

Comments

Jason ON said…
Could be. I hear Wonder Woman will be discussed. ;)
Jason ON said…
Burn, Kwenstantinos? I don't get how any of this is a burn.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.