Sadly, as many things in Florida, Gov.

Sadly, as many things in Florida, Gov. Rick Scott kept cutting the budget to prisons without cutting the amount of prisoners. These guys, often bored and with out the counseling they need, turn to drugs and, in some cases, die.

Heroin, cocaine, marijuana, K2, suboxone strips, and even some high-inducing eye drops are available for the right price at Tomoka, Raimundo said. He used to perform cell searches and write incident reports about all of the contraband he would find. That is, until he said the prison administration asked him to stop.

“They pretty much stopped me from searching [in May] because I find too much stuff,” Raimundo said. He said the high numbers were making the prison look bad in Tallahassee.
http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/special-reports/florida-prisons/article215642855.html

Comments

Luna Occulta said…
There's really no excuse for the conditions in our prisons.

Fortunately, I've never been in prison, and ladies prison isn't quite as hellish as the real thing, so I'm told. (I spent 16 hours in a county jail once actually. But that wasn't really all that bad, other than the claustrophobia.)

I realize a house full of convicts is going to be somewhat unpleasant.

But from the stories I've heard, and from what I've read? Regardless of what they were like when they went in, years in that environment seem guaranteed to turn them into animals.

I'm really ashamed of this country for the way we treat our prisoners for the most part.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.