I have a friend who was with a girl for about .

I have a friend who was with a girl for about ... 15 years. They met when she was seventeen and he was 20 and were together (off and on, but more on than off) up until just a few years ago. They lived together for about 10 of those years and I can clearly remember when he said something along the lines of, "If I'm going to stay with her I need to marry her. It's not fair to keep stringing her along." That was when they were about 10 years into their relationship.

They'd break up now and again, but it only lasted weeks or maybe a couple of months before they were together again.

I never saw in her what he saw, but then again, we like different types of women. I, for example, need to be around smart women while he has a thing for big-boobed ditzy blondes.

Over the past few years my friend had met another woman, moved in with her, married her and now has two kids with her. It happens, and while he claims he's happier he also complains that none of his friends want to hang out with him anymore (basically, we all can't stand his wife).

Just a few minutes ago I was talking to a mutual friend who said that our friend still went to his ex-girlfriend as his dental-hygienist.

They were together for years, broke up, he married someone else and still sees his long-term ex on a regular basis for teeth cleanings and checkups.

Am I the only one who thinks that's weird?

Comments

Chris McIntosh said…
He's def hitting that
Robert Wallis said…
Maybe she's really cheap?
Jason ON said…
Robert Wallis I know be trusts her ... with his teeth. But seriously, an ex? Who does that?
David Blanar said…
Strikes me as unusual but not out of the realm of possibility. My parents divorced in the most acrimonious way possible but now they regularly see each other at family events and are very civil. Obviously every relationship is different but in my human experience it takes more effort to avoid people than just live and let live.
Emily Steele said…
He just can't let go it seems. Maybe a little regret there.
Todd Green said…
Doesn't seem strange to me. I still go to my ex's yoga classes. She's a good teacher. Why not?

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.