About a month ago my device's power button stopped working.

About a month ago my device's power button stopped working. At first it would occasionally work, but as time passed it began working less and less often to where it's now fairly useless. I've been very concerned with the device losing power (battery) as I haven't had a method to turn it on should it go deed. I've scoured Blackberry forums (yes, Blackberry) and countless other options such as apps that "move" the power button to another physical button. Today I found this (link) and hope, should it ever be needed, this method will work.

Hold down the volume down key and connect your phone via USB cable to your PC. Keep the volume button held down until you see a boot menu. Select the ‘Start’ option using your volume keys, and your phone will power on.

Of course, I'm terrified to test the method ... what if my device doesn't start?
https://www.addictivetips.com/android/turn-on-an-android-phone-with-a-broken-power-button/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.