Politics and You

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
~ Pericles
When people ask me why I studied Political Science in College I always give some long-winded answer regarding politics touching each and every aspect of our lives, but I'll have to remember this thousands year old quote going forward. It's much more succinct and to the point than any answer I've ever give. Oddly enough, it also parallels that other saying about the Devil (if you believe in such things): you may not believe in the Devil, but he believes in you. Of course, this also applies to your particular god or prophet, as well: You may not believe in/love Jesus, but he loves you. Or, you may not believe in Buddha, but he believes in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.