Alrighty boys and girls, if I'm looking at my calendar correctly, we're down the final few hours for this contest.


Alrighty boys and girls, if I'm looking at my calendar correctly, we're down the final few hours for this contest. My non-official count is currently one photo at 9, a few at 8 and a couple more far below those two numbers.

So, follow the hashtag, #MRPOFILE0731 and get to +1ing. Remember, the photo that wins will be in the upper left hand of this community and will represent our little piece of Google+ for however long I'm not lazy, but at least 90 days.

Originally shared by Jason ON

Okay, I promised this so I'd best deliver. It's Profile Photo Time!

For those of you who are new to the community and haven't been through one of these before, it's pretty simple. Look to your left. Just look to your left. There is the profile picture for this community. It's what people see when they search for us and how we're represented on G+. Each quarter we change it to a member submitted photo that garners the most votes from you the members. Anyone can enter, but only one can win. This is ThunderDome Motorcycle Riders!

Don't forget to make sure your photo submission is a good fit for the profile image. In other words, it should be scalable and look good at 250x250 pixels. I can't promise this is the "right" scaling because Google keeps changing these things, but from what I understand, at this moment, 250x250 is about right. I hope. That doesn't mean your image must be 250x250pxls, only that, when scaled for that box to your left, it should still look good over there.

The rules are the same as last time and the time before that and the time before that. In fact, I copied the rules from an old language written by a people who haven't existed for thousands of years. One could say, they were literally written in stone.

And here they are:

1] You MUST own the rights to the picture or have the permission of the rights holder to use it. Image must also be of something motorcycle related.

2] If you used the image to enter last time, you can't use it to enter this time. That doesn't mean you can't use an image you shared before, only that you can't use an image you entered in one of the Profile contests in the past.

3] Tag your contest entries with #MRPROFILE0731. If you can't tell by the tag, this contest ends on July 31, 2018. On that day we'll tally the votes and change the image accordingly.

4] No nudity, hate speech, blah, blah, blah. Seriously, if it's offensive, it's gone. It's that simple. That means no religious images or political speech. This is a motorcycle community, not a soapbox.

5] Pro shots/marketing materials are allowed by those of you representing a company, product or service, but the focus of the image should still be something to do with motorcycle riding and not just your logo, etc. Also, see rule number 1.

6] Ties will be decided by the moderation staff and if we can't decide, well, I'll use a picture of my feet. Yes, I have pictures of my feet.

7] Something else I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Don't forget to vote, too. Voting can be done in one of one ways: by clicking that +1 button. The picture with the most plus 1s wins.

Remember, this contest runs between now and the last day of the month, July 31, 2018 (mountain time, because I live in Denver). That's GMT-6, or whenever I wake up on the first, whichever is more convenient to me. :P

And GO!

[below image is not in the contest]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.