I had #Aetna for a year.

I had #Aetna for a year. It sucked. While I never the insurance for anything even remotely near what this girl needs, when I did need them for a minor checkup they made the entire process extremely difficult.

The girl in the article, Cara, needs a minimally invasive laser surgery approved by the FDA to stop her seizures. Aetna would rather cut her head open and slice off part of her brain.

The insurance company did approve her for the more invasive and more expensive open brain surgery, called a temporal lobectomy, even though her medical team never sought approval for the procedure.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/health/aetna-surgery-denied-for-girl/index.html

Comments

michel prins said…
guess the pharmaceuticals need new guinea pigs for theire brain altering meds.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.